About This Policy
For more details about cookies and how you may control them, please see our Cookie Notice Below.
Who We Are
Our legal status under applicable data protection law is that of a “data processor” (meaning that we process the data on behalf of the data controller) our website management company acts as data controller. As the data processor we will securely store and process your personal information.
The Information We Collect
The better we know you the better we can make Muslims in Rail CIC products and services work for you and give you a more personalised experience.
Information provided by you
On our website or our app we may collect the personal information stated below (inter alia), when, for example, subscribe to one of our newsletters or other digital services; enter a competition; vote or post comments or respond to any other specific requests we make on our website/app:
(ii) user name;
(iv) email address
(v) country; and
(vi) phone number.
If you register for a service using your Facebook account, we will receive certain personal data from Facebook such as your name and email address. We may receive other details depending on your Facebook privacy settings.
Information about your use of our Muslims in Rail Services
During your visit to, or use of, our website or app, we may also collect information about:
Your visit (e.g. time, date, duration, pages viewed);
The resources that you access or online services that you use; and
How you access our services (e.g. IP address, operating system, browser type).
Any adverts which are displayed to you and any interaction with those adverts (e.g. clicking to view further information); and
How we use your personal information
We will use your personal information:
(i) Where it’s necessary to fulfil a contract with you: in particular, in providing and delivering the our service to you (including, enabling participation in interactive features such as competitions and votes).;
(ii) When it’s in our legitimate interests to do so and when these interests are not overridden by your data protection rights: in particular:
- facilitating the creation of, and securing users’, accounts on our network;
- communicating with you;
- monitoring and improving our services and for statistics and analytics purposes, including analysing the performance of our marketing campaigns;
- resolving disputes and/or troubleshooting problems;
- for system administration purposes (please note that the information used for these purposes is limited to statistical data about your browsing actions and patterns); and
- to help us personalise the services and communications you receive (including tailored advertising), which means that, in turn, we are able to maximise the revenue that we generate from advertising to help us to cover the costs of the free services which we provide to you. Personalisation is automated and may be based on various factors such as your age, postcode or gender, your device details or your inferred interests (which may come other information which we learn about you from other sources). We will enable our advertising partners to display more tailored advertising to you. By interacting with, or viewing, an advert, you should be aware that that third party may make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the advert.
(iii) Consent: We will ask you for your consent to collect or process your personal information on certain occasions, in particular:
- In order to send you information about our latest products, and / or the digital products and services offered by Muslims in Rail CIC. We may contact you by various methods (including by post, email, telephone, SMS or Whatsapp). You can also opt out of receiving marketing emails from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link included in those emails. In addition to or in combination with the details which you have provided (such as your gender, postcode or date of birth), we may use other information about your use of our services to identify products and services which are more likely to be of interest to you; and
Please note that whenever we ask for your consent in order to process your personal data, you may withdraw this consent at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided below; and
(iv) Where we’re required to do so by law: For example, if we receive a request from law enforcement or other government officials
Storing your data
How We Keep Your Personal Information Secure
We take privacy issues very seriously and we understand that keeping your personal information secure is very important to you.
When handling personal information, security is paramount and we use all reasonable measures to safeguard your information and to ensure it is adequately protected.
Our system is hosted by service providers whom we consider to have good reputations for security, but please note that we cannot guarantee that any personal information transmitted over the internet is completely secure.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
We may disclose your data to our suppliers to the extent that they need access to your data in order to provide us with their services. We will only use suppliers who provide sufficient guarantees as to the processing of your data, including in relation to keeping it secure.
You should be aware that if we are requested by the police or any regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide to them your personal information and/or information concerning your activities whilst visiting the site, we shall be entitled to do so.
We are also entitled to disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or if we reasonably consider this necessary; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others.
If our business is sold or integrated with another business, your personal information may be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchaser’s adviser and will be passed to the new owners of the business.
We may disclose your personal information to our trusted advertising partners for the purpose of assisting us in delivering tailored advertising, as more fully described above.
You have various rights with respect to our use of your personal information:
- Access: You have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. Accuracy: We aim to keep your information accurate, current, and complete.
- Objecting: In certain circumstances you also have the right to object to processing of your personal information:
(i) which is based on our legitimate interests;
(ii) for direct marketing purposes; and
(iii) for profiling to the extent that it is related to direct marketing.
If you would like to object to (i), please contact us using the contact details provided below. Please see the How We Use Your Personal Information section above for information on how to object to (ii) and (iii).
- Erasing and Restricting: You have the right to ask us to erase or restrict your personal information. Porting: You have the right to request that your personal information is ported to you.
- Complaints: If you believe that your data protection rights may have been breached, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority in the country of your habitual residence, place of work or of the potential breach, or to seek a remedy through the courts.
When we ask you to supply us with information we will make it clear whether the information we are asking for must be supplied so that we can provide the products and services to you, or whether the supply of any information we ask for is optional.
How Long We Keep Your Personal Information For
We will retain your personal information for as long as we reasonably believe it necessary to fulfil our business purposes or to comply with applicable law, audit requirements, regulatory requests or orders from competent courts.
‘Cookie‘ is a name for a small file, usually of letters and numbers, which is downloaded onto your device, like your computer, mobile phone or tablet when you visit a website.
They let websites recognise your device, so that the sites can work more effectively, and also gather information about how you use the site. A cookie, by itself, can’t be used to identify you.
The cookies we use
We use the categorisation set out by the International Chamber of Commerce in their UK Cookie Guide.
We use all four categories of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies are essential for you to move around our website and to use its features, like our shopping basket and your account.
- Performance cookies collect anonymous information about how you use our site, like which pages are visited most.
- Functionality cookies collect anonymous information that remembers choices you make to improve your experience, like your text size or location. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog.
- Targeting or advertising cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising relevant to you and your interests. As such if you visit the Teebah Foundation website you may then be more likely to see adverts about Teebah Foundation work on other websites as your browsing suggests that this is an area of interest.
Turning cookies off in your browser
You can find information on popular browsers and how to adjust your cookie preferences at the following websites: